Maybe not since Brown v. Board of Training or Roe v. Wade has there been a extra reported or anticipated Supreme Court time period. Now, we strategy the top of a time period in contrast to another in practically 50 years—leaving many to surprise in regards to the Court docket’s dedication to equality, inclusion and nondiscrimination.
On July 6, Michele Goodwin might be joined by main specialists in constitutional regulation, legal justice, girls’s rights, administrative regulation, the Second Modification, and free speech; collectively, they’ll give an outline of this time period, what’s at stake, and what comes subsequent.
Co-hosted by the UCI College of Regulation and Ms. Studios, the panel will function:
- Aziza Ahmed, professor of regulation, UCI College of Regulation
- Erwin Chemerinsky, dean, Berkeley Regulation
- Mary Anne Franks, professor of regulation and Michael R. Klein distinguished scholar chair, College of Miami College of Regulation; writer, The Cult of the Structure
- Regina Mahone, The Nation
- Mark Joseph Stern, Slate Journal
- Mary Ziegler, professor of regulation, UC Davis College of Regulation
Attend In Individual
The occasion might be happening in individual on Wednesday, July 6, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. PT at Irvine Barclay Theatre & Cheng Hall (4242 Campus Drive, Irvine, Calif., 92612). Register for an in-person spot here.
Add the occasion to your calendar and head here on July 6 to view the livestream.
You make additionally like: